Healing Trees is a global collaborative movement, whose goal is to plant trees around the world in memory of people who have died from COVID-19. In this newsletter, we want to invite our entire network to unite and plant trees in commemoration of the victims of the virus, but also urge you to promote reforestation within your institutions due the benefits it has on climate change.
- Go to www.healingtrees.org and fill out the form with your planting commitment.
- Organize a planting with your employees, students, community and/or allies, in which you send a message of hope and together we honor the loved ones we lost to COVID 19.
- You can also spread the word to get more people to join Healing Trees.
- All participants must agree to care for and preserve the trees for a certain period, which guarantees their survival and the fulfillment of their role in the ecosystem.
- The initiative is open for individuals, institutions, groups of friends and families.
“The COVID 19 pandemic came without warning and affected us all in different ways, challenging our health systems, generating unemployment, and challenging business models around the world, but more importantly, it hit our hearts, the way we live together and our health, it showed us the importance of staying united”
José Zaglul, president of the San Ramón Carbono Neutral Foundation and president of the Global Confederation of Higher Education Associations for Agricultural and Life Sciences (GCHERA).